At the turn of the century, immigrants from the Austro-Hungarian and Russian Empires settled in and around Elmira, NY. They worked in local foundries, textile mills, iron works and the US Steel Bridge works. Initially they worshipped with other Slavic people at the Ukrainian Church on 14th street which was served by clergy sent from Binghamton, NY. Over time, the community grew and Holy Trinity was founded as a separate parish in 1916. Due to the great sacrifice of the parishioners, the church building and rectory were completed in a very short time.
1916 - 1923: Archpriest Timothy Berkey
1923 -1940: Archpriest Nicholas Gress
1940 - 1949: Archpriest Theodore Shevchuk
1949 - 1957: Archpriest Damian Krehel
1957 - 1963: Archpriest Theodore Shevchuk
1963 - 1970: Archpriest John Klutchko
Priest Boris Vlasenko
1973- 1980: Archpriest Samuel Sulich
1980-1999: Archpriest Joseph Chupeck
2000-2017: Archpriest Jason Kappanadze
2017-2019: Archpriest Timothy Holowatch (Interim)
2019 to Current: Archpriest David Cowan
Services are in English.
A Fellowship Hour follows the Divine Liturgy on Sundays.
Guests are more than welcome to attend the Divine Services and all parish activities.
"Thine own of Thine own, we offer unto Thee, on behalf of all and for all."