At the turn of the century, immigrants from the Austro-Hungarian and Russian Empires settled in and around Elmira, NY. They worked in local foundries, textile mills, iron works and the US Steel Bridge works. Initially they worshipped with other Slavic people at the Ukrainian Church on 14th street which was served by clergy sent from Binghamton, NY. Over time, the community grew and Holy Trinity was founded as a separate parish in 1916. Due to the great sacrifice of the parishioners, the church building and rectory were completed in a very short time.
Services are in English.
A Fellowship Hour follows the Divine Liturgy on Sundays.
Guests are more than welcome to attend the Divine Services and all parish activities.
"Thine own of Thine own, we offer unto Thee, on behalf of all and for all."